a glimpse into our life through photos and words

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

pedals and petals








It is bike season! The hill up to our house is just too much after a long bike ride...mama and papa have the bikes behind the kids!






Skis anyone? If interested, please refer to craigslist.madison! You know you want that 80s look!!!







Poppy and I walked to Sol's school to pick him up and on our way home we saw:

a sandhill crane
a heron
on Tiedeman's pond walkway


Poppy plays with her wooden magnetic dolls often - dreaming and designing!


Our rhubarb harvest! Just planted last year, thanks Chip and Nan for the farmer's market plant!, and this year got enough to make a batch of rhubarb sauce.


Some of poppy's new summer duds.



Our lunch on the deck....and most importantly, on the Duke's of Hazzard serving tray!


Poppy draws these little Mr. Potato Head-like characters...body, arms, hands, legs, feet and smiley face!


One worn out little girlie!



Some of the things in our yard that I am able to identify and am very excited about.
Hopefully I am able to use my new found knowledge from the Master Gardeners Program in our yard. Only 6 classes left then all my 36 volunteer hours in the next year. Exciting! I am loving being in a class and learning such great tools.

california poppies

rhubarb

solomon's seal

oriental poppy


rain barrel full and blooming green plants!


oh so yummy and sweet lily of the valley





the bread machine has been collecting a thin layer of dust after making several batches of this Sourdough bread


making honey, date & pecan cream cheese for our special Gothem bagels







Poppy's springtime bed




instead of Saturday morning cartoons.....


Have a good short week!

3 comments:

  1. Your yard looks great! We are about a week or so behind you with the peonies...can't wait for those to pop out. Love the bikes, and birds, and new clothes, and old dukes trays, and fun, fun activities! You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! I love the one of Poppy with her magnetic dolls....I was so that kind of little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little slice of your life you give in your posts. It is the perfect little picture gander and read I needed before I get horizontal and sleep the hours I need to sleep. Miss you and hope to see you soon...ish...when? And, the sourdough bread recipe please! xo

    ReplyDelete