a glimpse into our life through photos and words

Monday, May 11, 2009

one of 365 mother's days


This Mother's Day was....like most of the other days of the year. Well, it was spring-like & sunny, which I have learned not to take for granted! and according to the calendar, a day set aside to thank moms for all they do, etc., but otherwise, pretty normal around our house. Greg made sourdough waffles for breakfast and I hung out contemplating life for about a half an hour in bed, sipping coffee and enjoying a Sunday. However, I am happy to say that I feel loved, appreciated and well taken care of every day of the year not just on this special day in May. With that being said, after thoroughly enjoying the yummy waffles we all set out to take care of the yard-weeding, mulching, and working up a sweat. Good times!



Little hippy-Poppy


Our first big thunder and lightening storm of the year... I took these pics....I hate to say this...while I was driving! If there would have been a tornado, I would have been prepared to capture an image!



Poptoven


A naked (at least half of the duo was naked) laser dual


The light saber dual is in the works.


Surprised?


The boat pose that Poppy teaches all of us and encourages us to perfect.



Me in all my Mother's Day beauty....I really don't take the best pictures but that's life...the good, the bad, the real.


Morning muffins...or as Sol likes to say, puffins. This really yummy recipe, "Going Bananas Morning Muffins" is from Penzey's store recipe cards. If there is any interest for the recipe, I will copy and send it, as I couldn't find the recipe on the website. Great spices, local company...excellent muffins!


Sol's happy meal.



Matt and Kass's new dog, Boone, is way bigger than Sol...and he's only about half done growing! We had a good time over at their house for the afternoon...I learned some great baking tips, the kids played and played and Greg got to see some Lacrosse on tv. We had a great dinner and fun company. A nice way to spend a holiday.

And finally, I could not for the life of me figure out how to rotate this picture....I did scan it though! This school assignment that came home in Sol's backpack nearly brought tears to our eyes. Sol loves Poppy sooo much, and vice versa....we are thankful for this every day and truley are amazed that they have such a wonderful and special relationship...from the minute that they met they have been best friends.


So, Happy Belated Mother's Day to all you Mamas and to everyone else, Happy Day!

1 comment:

  1. What a treat Sol's ode to Poppy is! We liked the list of Poppy qualities, featuring sencetev. Is Sol's happy meal meatballs and strawberries? That's the bombe!

    ReplyDelete