a glimpse into our life through photos and words

Monday, May 18, 2009

A WEEK OF Ps: playing cars; painting at playgroup; pizza making; participating in the Reading Celebration; and PACKING FOR CAMPING!!!


I love this pic!! The heart shaped leaf between good friends.


Sol hasn't done this for a long time-get all his cars out to look at and play with.


Poppy's latest playgroup art.


Rollin' out the dough.


Kind of blurry...Sol at his first grade Reading Celebration.


Loaded up and ready to go!


REALLY packed tight and going camping!!!!



Arrived at Buckhorn State Park and feeling good to get out and run around!


Our site was about 300 yds. from the parking lot. Our hike in with some of our stuff.


Having fun already!



Our site.


Clearing sticks for the tent.


A bit later....we are looking pretty set up. Now we're HUNGRY!


Onions frying. I wish I could capture the wonderful smell!


Burritos....they looked a lot better in person and man were they yummy!!


After lunch canoe ride. Poppy's first time out on the water.


Back from a quick outing on the lake.


"...but I want to go again!!!"


Always gotta be throwing stuff!


Gross, I know. These guys are definitely on my list of things I can't stand...but are totally fascinated by! This creep was gnawing on Sol's ankle.



Camp braids and bandana.


Hanging out on the air mattress. Thank goodness we had a cart to haul all our stuff in!


The vestibule of our giant (did I mention this tent is HUGE?!) house.


Playing in the sand on our little private beach. I think that Sol was pretending he was in CA.


Resident camp mama.


a little R & R


I love watching Greg around the camp.... always enjoying the outdoors!


Poppy loves her new Camelback 'pack-pack'. She had it on quite a bit and drank almost all the 32 oz of water from Saturday morning until Sunday afternoon! Great way to keep her hydrated.


Beautiful fire....getting ready for dinner! Organic hot dogs and local (KRAFT!?!?!?) marshmallows!! HA! :)


Le Artist.


The kids loving their dinner.


Breakfast cleanup.


Poppy found a Thoughtful Spot.


There's nothing like brushing your teeth while camping. The kids thought it was great to get to spit anywhere...and everywhere!


Back from the long canoe ride down the shore of the lake. this time we all went. The camera stayed behind to guard the camp.


There's those camp braids again. Tight and outta de way.



"The Licorice Stealers"








One last marshmallow roast. (I love how they are sitting the exact same way!!)


Poppy helping to pack up camp.




The Orum family camp trip!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! We just might be persuaded to go camping thanks to these great pics! What a great family outing. Sol, you look great in a tie. Poppy, love the braids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Steve, Charlotte, and I just checked out your blog and we all want to go camping now. Looks so beautiful there. Those burritos look pretty yummy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post! Your family is adorable..and now I have the camping bug :)

    ReplyDelete