a glimpse into our life through photos and words

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Greg's Birthday Weekend and other stuff

Sunday, July 18, was Greg's 33rd birthday! We began celebrating on Friday as his birthday was actually the whole weekend long. Saturday we went blueberry picking, then on the 30 minute drive back home we made a quick stop at someplace I have been wanting to visit since we moved here 3 years ago - Wollersheim Winery. Oh man, it is beautiful there - alas, we left the camera in the car there! It was as if we were in Napa, right here in our own back yard!! Greg picked out a special birthday Port, some juice 'champagne' for the kids and I, and a bottle of white for later in the trimester, I mean, summer. It is someplace I will want to revisit again.










We spent a lot of the weekend just hanging out together 'round the table enjoying late breakfasts, lunch out at a favorite family dining spot, and eating really yummy cake in the comfort of the air conditioned house!









Monday came around too quickly, but this week we had some fun things to look forward to: Sol's two day lacrosse camp and the kids are participating in tennis lessons (!) for the next four weeks through the Middleton Rec Dept. Sol's camp was really fun for him, and for us to watch, and he did GREAT! The tennis lessons went over really well too. I thought that Poppy was going to sit on the sideline and 'just watch' (like she did with her YMCA classes for 6 weeks straight!) but instead, she jumped right in and did super. She found out, during a game of Red Light, Green Light, that she could run the fastest in her group...that made her so proud. She can't wait to go back again tomorrow!







1 comment:

  1. Your blogs just get better and better. Such beauty, such fun, such love! You capture it all. I feel I'm there and of course, wish I were! Love that Poppy can "outrun" all the others and love the pic of the birthday cake and the eyes! Sol is a natural lacrosse player - where did he get that talent? love you all. nana

    ReplyDelete