hopefully this will be the first of many garden to table experiences this year. we are experimenting with: tomatoes, strawberries, & herbs INDOOR in the solarium and sunflowers, pumpkins and delicata squash soon to come in the yard.
Yum! I was just thinking about making the strawberry-rhubarb recipe on 101cookbooks.com. I usually make Smitten Kitchen's with the homemade biscuits...running off to the kitchen! ;)
Wow...I don't even count rhubarb among my favorites, but this looks awesome! I think it's the whole experience of garden to kitchen that puts this over the top. FYI there's a beautiful looking rhubarb strawberry crumble over at yummysupper.blogspot.com (for when your strawberries are ready!).
Thanks Jess for the strawberry crumble recipe. :) I have been growing rhubarb for a few years and need some inspiration. Isn't it beautiful how it grows? Mine is just starting to come back from dying back this winter. Thanks for the ideas, JJ! I wish we could just drop in on you and have some strawberry rhubarb crisp -YUM!
Yum! I was just thinking about making the strawberry-rhubarb recipe on 101cookbooks.com. I usually make Smitten Kitchen's with the homemade biscuits...running off to the kitchen! ;)
ReplyDeleteWow...I don't even count rhubarb among my favorites, but this looks awesome! I think it's the whole experience of garden to kitchen that puts this over the top. FYI there's a beautiful looking rhubarb strawberry crumble over at yummysupper.blogspot.com (for when your strawberries are ready!).
ReplyDeleteThanks Jess for the strawberry crumble recipe. :) I have been growing rhubarb for a few years and need some inspiration. Isn't it beautiful how it grows? Mine is just starting to come back from dying back this winter. Thanks for the ideas, JJ! I wish we could just drop in on you and have some strawberry rhubarb crisp -YUM!
ReplyDeleteYummy! I have a baby rhubarb in my garden. Next year it will be eatable! Just picked lettuce and herbs for a salad.
ReplyDeleteYum, yum - you know how Grandpa loves the rhubarb!!!!!!!! nana
ReplyDelete