a glimpse into our life through photos and words

Thursday, January 7, 2010

the much needed follow up...here is what happened after I got up from the computer this morning

This morning I was intent on taking pictures to procrastinate my 'to-dos.'
Poppy finally said, "NO MORE!"


Immediately after saying I lacked motivation that itself became the remedy....blogging about it gave me a reason not to sit around and stew on things.



I got right up and made a dinner to put in the crock pot and put ingredients in the bread machine for fresh bread.




I took stock in what I was overwhelmed about and realized that they were the very things I should be extremely grateful for instead of bugged about.

I am lucky to have had a day to stay at home and be warm inside, to have good ingredients to cook with, to have fun company to hang out with all day, a washer and dryer at my disposal, to have a compost bin just out back, to be able to feed the birds!! I reminded myself that we had just enjoyed a wonderful holiday vacation and received so many great Christmas gifts that I should be excited to write to our loved ones and thank for! Being able to fix tea and stay in my jammies till noon and blog on a Thursday morning while my happy and self-entertaining daughter plays next to me is really quite a luxury too.

Putting it in that perspective made me feel like a real spoiled brat.
It did, however, get me moving.

We got dressed up in our winter clothes and headed out to about 5 new inches of snow that needed redirecting. And I was just talking about not exercising...?





Upon returning inside to a warm house filled with the smell of dinner cooking away (and really soaking that up right then and there)....Poppy entertained herself and her babies with a sushi party and took her turn with the camera.




It seems that these days I can easily forget what a great companion to a over-busy mind music can be. Stopping to put the right CD on today was crucial in turning around how I was feeling.




A great many lessons were learned, or rather, refreshed, for me today. It initially took pouring it out in writing (and pictures!) to later fully appreciate just how lucky I feel.

Being thankful
is the right way for me to start the New Year.


**the diry clothes in the over-heaped laundry baskets still did not wash themselves....but there is always tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. I've been doing lots of this, too. Perspective. Beyond Blessed. So what CD did you put in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janna, you are my hero!!!!!!
    Thank you thank you thank you for being in my life. I wish you were closer.
    foo

    ReplyDelete
  3. JJ, you inspire me! I am so thankful you are my friend. Now, please move back to CA so we can hang out every day.
    How awesome, by the way, you managed to get a bunch of your "to dos" done and write a super creative blog entry. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing, but I ALWAYS knew that!!! nan

    ReplyDelete
  5. The CD was a new mix that Greg made. I used to love making mixed tapes in high school and college and apparently so did Greg. That continues on with him and he keeps us fresh on the music scene and is often making us new mixes that are on constant rotation in the players.

    ReplyDelete