a glimpse into our life through photos and words

Thursday, January 7, 2010

first post of the year

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


sticky doughnut fingers...


the doughnuts!


the making of the doughnuts....




the cold. this thermometer is inside the solarium where we aren't seeing much of that much needed mood-altering sunshine lately. winter is solidly here and the cold, cloudy, snowy days cause intense post-holiday lack of motivation for me.



I still have Christmas gifts to send out....




the compost desperately needs to go out and while I am out there, the empty-for-days-bird feeder needs a refill....



laundry....this is one of four piles just....piling up...and not washing itself.....




and thank you notes!!!!



and not pictured: (thankfully since I am still in my pjs at 11:11 am.) I have been mentally getting motivated to exercise in hopes of producing those little endorphins that make one feel good and then with that everything will fall neatly into place like a domino effect, right?! I 'googled' how to begin running and then quickly talked myself out of that until spring. Until then, I could pick up my yoga regimen that has been 'on hold' since this summer but somehow I talk myself out of that as well. This time of year is so hard to pick up and get rolling for me....so I just fix myself some tea, heat up my rice bag, grab the camera and wander around the house creating a visual to-do list of all the things that need tending to.

Then, I sit down and blog about it. Ahhh, now I feel like I have accomplished something today.

No comments:

Post a Comment