a glimpse into our life through photos and words

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

changes

our new living room furniture. pictures finally hung up.


greg painted random frames black and finally, after a long time coming, his mini art collection is displayed.


poppy emails.



poppy gets her long awaited 'hair tut.' the girl had been asking at least once weekly for a 'hair tut like sol's.' we couldn't bear to go that short but we did give her some relief from the twenty minute, almost unbearable, brushing sessions that were a couple times per week; the matted-winter-jacket-mass that was formed just minutes after brushing and ready-ing to go out; the constant dry-air static; the list goes on. she's happy with a short do - and when she's happy, things are good.






hard to tell from this photo, but I got a hair cut too....and yes, Poppy is happy with hers still, it just doesn't show in this shot. more photogenic (hopefully!) ones to come.


the kids are bringing their full laundry baskets into the laundry room and sorting the clothes into 'lights and darks'...all for a nice shiny dime. heaping laundry baskets....problem solved.



bread machine bread that turns out great every time now. now that is a good change! more to come on the bread at a later date - stay tuned.


with all that said, change is good.

4 comments:

  1. I cannot get over how much you & Poppy look alike! Looking forward to more about the bread....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought was - OMG you tut her beautiful hair -until I saw how tute she was with the new tut and how happy she was!!!!! Everyone needs a change. Love the living room furniture and pics - you guys rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, what a groovy new couch! I like the haircut, Poppy, and the black and white picture of the two of you is cool -you're both so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the hair tut! It's still long, but whew that girl had some hair didn't she? She's gorgeous. And you always look beautiful, Janna, hair tut or not.
    The livingroom looks great as does that bread. Nummy. I might have to go bake something now.
    foo

    ReplyDelete