one of poppy's long sleeve shirts became a t-shirt
lined an empty bag of basmati rice to make a lunch sack
used up a scrap piece of flannel to make a rice bag for a friend
got ready to package up the last of 'da-bomb' onsies from our spring batik weekend. we have some fun ideas for the next production of baby batiks by greg
our second winter here at this house is fast approaching and we could use many draft stoppers. i made one draft stopper last year and now finally another this year. my attention span is rather short for making more than one at a time. at this rate, our heat bills should be considerably lower in about 6 years.and finally,
Aunt Lindsey gave Poppy this really cute long sleeve baby t-shirt last year (and of course a size 12 Month would fit!?!?) but the sleeves were always just a smidge short....so, this morning I decided to cover a small pillow with it. I thought it would be extra huggy with the sleeves left on but at Poppy's request she wanted them to be made into handles. It then turned into a 'pillow-purse' and Poppy carried it all around the house as a purse then she'd throw it down and rest her head. It was a little game to her but I think she had a great idea!

this was Poppy wearing the shirt back in April

The sewing machine had been calling my name for a while now and today I answered it's beckon. Poppy helped by giving me ideas, filling the draft snake's belly with fabric scraps and rice, and just watching with great interest as the machine and I created 'somethings out of nothings.' Fun! Poppy says that she can't wait to get a pinkt sewing machine of her own...of course!
I loved your little (BIG) craftastic adventure! Being creative just begets more creativity! Good work!! Love you.
ReplyDeleteLove all of it, particularly the rice bag. So cool!
ReplyDeleteYou people are amazing!
ReplyDeleteI've wanted to have a boutique that sells things people have made of reused things. You would be perfect to do that. You and your sister-in-law and sister. Sheesh! So talented.
Wow crafty mama. Love the lined rice bag idea...have a few of those kicking around. And, how sweet is Poppy's pillow purse? It makes total sense to me.
ReplyDelete