a glimpse into our life through photos and words

Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy March!

Sol making his cute smiley face.

Poppy in her cool new sunglasses that she picked out herself. They were from the section for 9-14 year olds but when this girl has an idea she is not going to be talked out of it.....at all. The shoes are new too, but sadly a bit to small with socks and it is still in the teens and twenties outside so she'll have to wait a while to show them off to the world.

Sol's new kicks. He had his heart set on Roos, but these were too cool to pass up....plus, from a parent's perspective....$10!!

On Sunday when we were all just lounging around, we discovered a new bird in the pines (at least we hadn't known the name of it before) called a Pine Grossbeak. There are so many different birds that we love to watch around our house. Cardinals, woodpeckers, red-tailed hawks, chickadees, crows and lots of other rodents too: opossums, squirrels, bunnies to name a few. For being in the middle of a neighborhood, on a court, there are lots of things to see.


One of Sol and Poppy's favorite activities. Reading books by the heat vents.

Back before Valentine's Day, we all spent a Saturday morning making bracelets and the one pictured above is the one Sol made for his friend Amelia. He went to her birthday party yesterday and said that when Amelia opened her gift from him she hugged him and then, "did not stop hugging him!" I think she liked it! He did a great job and had a lot of fun making his own gift to give away.

Saturday drum circle at the Orum house. The beats were rockin!

Sol and Poppy had the sickies again and here they are making their "sickie smiles."

Stretching face.

Looks like Poppy needs some more sleep!

Really yummy cookies! Right after I finish this update, I am returning to my kitchen post to make some more of these delectable little numbers. The recipe, if you are interested, came from the Everyday Food Magazine. They are called Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies.

3 comments:

  1. Love the updates. Poppy and Sol are BOTH looking so grown up. Love the glasses (in both pics) and Sol did a fantastic job on the necklace. No wonder Amelia LOVED it. Good job, Sol!!! Keep "workin it" Poppy. You guys are the best. love nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I had a quick little visit to your house! If only I could touch those children!! Thanks for the outdoor pictures--wow! The drumming circle looks like fun, and I'll bet it's a joyful sound. And, I can almost smell those cookies! I think I'll find that recipe RIGHT NOW. Thanks for the peek into your fun lives! Love and hugs to you all! Mimo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poppy looks like lil' kanye in that pic. Sol has great taste in footwear as well.

    ReplyDelete