a glimpse into our life through photos and words

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

breaking the cabin fever



"Share your strengths, not your weaknesses." That was our Yogi tea saying today and since I had already planned on posting an update today found it a very appropriate opening line. After about a week's worth of headaches (a definite weakness so I shall say no more on that subject) I have been able to find some things to do that both help me feel better and make the days fun and interesting. Today the sun was out and the temps have been steadily climbing, I think it is now in the 20s! The solarium was warm enough to spend most of the morning in; we had our tea and lunch there. That makes the "cabin" we are having the cabin fever in so nice. I took Poppy for a very brisk walk and she said just before she fell asleep, "I am really enjoying the sun." She knows what's good for her, that's for sure! I am glad we ventured out as well, it felt good to get my heart rate up and even sweat a bit! I was brainstorming how to make a polar fleece skirt to go with my leg warmers from Jess which would be a lot more fun to be out and about in than the snow pants and big Sorrells. That will have to be another upcoming project.

We have been doing a lot of creating in the kitchen the past couple of weeks. We have made several types of breads in our bread machine including whole wheat sourdough, which we made some sourdough starter for, and cinnamon orange oat bread. Fun! The kids loved to help with the kneading, rolling and in Sol's case, the tasting of the dough for the tortillas we made. We just got our Sprout Seeder in the mail to grow some mung bean sprouts and some sandwich alfalfas too. The next kitchen appliance to be added to our ever growing supply cupboard is a yogurt maker, which we are very excited to try out...another fun cooking experiment. I shall keep you posted, literally, on that one. Well, I need to sign off to go meet Sol at the bus stop. Take care!

1 comment: