Our tomato plant that we began one year ago in our Aerogarden, then kept in our solarium all through the summer is still producing tomatoes now!!! I find it simply amazing.
When asked where they would like to "get a treat" these days, the kids quickly respond, "the Co-op."
Sol and Poppy are really practicing at the whole 'baby-thing' lately. They have their learning babies, Zach and Susanna (pronounced zoo-za-nah) that my mom gave them a couple years ago to try out changing diapers, burrito wrapping, dressing, carrying all over the house, taking out on errands **, etc. I know they are going to be great helpers when the real baby arrives in just a few short weeks from now.
** When out on errands we have to put them 'safely' in the trunk as not to give someone a heart attack that might see them in our car hanging out by themselves....they look that real!!
The Lego advent calendar that the kids are over-the-top-excited about this month. Poppy opens the odd days, Sol the evens. Before they open their doors to reveal the small, ready-to-be-constructed Lego set we have asked them to tell us something they are truly thankful for. It has been really nice to hear the things that come to their minds....they have the right ideas during this sharing, giving, loving season.
Our first snow!! It came on December 1....we hadn't even seen a flake of snow up to this point. The kids have been so excited about winter coming - and now it's here. I had been wishing for snow to arrive too, but now I am really careful how I phrase it. I don't want too much winter...at least not until mid-January!
One more reason not to love the Zhu Zhu Pet. They chirp, honk like a semi truck (?), make dizzy sounds, spin in endless circles, never seem to run out of batteries, are said to contain toxic chemicals, the list goes on and on....
This year, instead of lumber-jacking it at a tree-farm, we opted to get our Christmas tree from the UW Forestry Club. It is a nice-sized, ultra-fragrant Fraser Fir that has found a very special place in our hearts and living room this year. This is shaping up to be one of the most memorable Christmases yet.
Happy Holidays!
that's pretty fun about putting the baby dolls in the trunk. You're so right~someone would totally see that and call the police!
ReplyDeleteJust a few short weeks away...can't wait to hear the news.
Happy Holidays! xoxo
Great post JJ! I did a double take when I saw the kids practicing with their babies...they certainly are real looking. I love your tree and the fact that you got it at the Stock Pavillion, one of my favorite places on campus. I also love the fun-house mirror effect of your reflexions in the sliding glass door. Stay warm and cozy and enjoy your snow!
ReplyDeleteAll wonderful pictures. Love the contrast of the tomatoes and the snow! Can't wait to get there and enjoy that winter wonderland. Such experts the kids are with the babies. Loving, informed, siblings AND parents - lucky baby. Hugs to all - Nana.
ReplyDeleteSnomatoes, whoda thunk it.
ReplyDeleteLets have a baby and name her snomato
or Otamons (snomato backward)
hugs
foo
O