a glimpse into our life through photos and words

Friday, October 1, 2010

visitors, soccer, one growing belly, flying green meatballs, great heights, fancy toes & a fun thrift find


a family photo





Nana and Grandpa's visit (nearly a month ago now!?!)





looks as if Sol is playing a one-man soccer game...?





Poppy and her "soccer friends"





drills for the third grade Barracudas





a seven-month belly pic





the kids gather up the 'green meatballs' (aka black walnuts) and prepare to huck them into the trees with the lacrosse sticks





Greg expertly demonstrates with several of them....I don't know who had more fun at this task, the kids or Papa?





Poppy sits and ponders life having just climbed higher than she's ever climbed at the play structure. These days she is such a brave, self-assured & confident, and happy girl - she's on top of the world.





Poppy's pinkt sandals (found just in time for a couple more weeks of sandal weather!) and her 'skittle toes.' She wanted five colors of nail polish and had a definite order for which they were to appear on her tiny toes.





And last but hardly least, our fabulous $4.98 thrift score-of-the-week: the 24 year old Fisher-Price house, in brand-spanking-new condition and a big bag of Tonka people. gotta love the fiff!





...the best five dollars spent in a long time




Until next time...which could be a while at my current post-speed...take care.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! It does look like Greggy is having fun with those walnuts. I still refer to "a Greg Orum smile" meaning one which can melt any female from age 2 to 112. I miss you all and can't wait to see your new posts. Love Poppy's skittle toes.
    foo

    ReplyDelete
  2. seven months and 'green meatballs'...LOVE!! Happy fall. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit that after I read your title I scrolled straight to the belly pic! OH JJ! How amazing. Beautiful. Exciting. Warm wishes to you and yours. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pics - hugs to you all!! We don't have green meatballs in our yard, but LOTS of acorns. I need to get out Grandpa's old lacrosse stick!! love nana

    ReplyDelete