a glimpse into our life through photos and words

Sunday, March 21, 2010

birthday fun & such

mmmm...


a shot of the highlights!


g & j go out on a date.


Happy Birthdays:
Poppy born march 14, 2006....now 4 years old!
Sol born march 15, 2002....now 8 years old!!



Cave of the Mounds in Blue Mounds, WI is where Sol had his birthday party (the first one of a few!) this year. Amazing experience. The first photo was taken in the 'Cathedral Cavern' where the twenty or so people on our tour sang the birthday boy his song. A party to remember, for sure~



Part of the party experience was getting to sleuth for gems. All the party-goers got bags of sand to pan. They all left with a pretty bag of gems and lots to talk about.





'I'm four!!'


sometimes being the birthday girl is hard work!


making wishes for good things to come.


celebrate, indeed.


school-morning-birthday wake up call!




birthday wishes for breakfast.


Dessert made especially for Sol (by Grandpa)...Chocolate Creme Brulee per birthday request.



and finally, to wrap up a great birthday week Sol was in his school's Readerosaurus Parade. 12 Chapter books in 4 weeks, 12 written summaries and a grand finale to celebrate their accomplishments. To tie into wrapping things up before spring break, Sol's parent teacher conferences were this week as well. I have to add in my little bit of proud-parent remarks....Mr. Sol is reading at a 4th grade level in 2nd grade. This is proof to us that reading to our kids every day will have great payoffs. We are so very proud of him!

We are in Montana as I post this. I am looking out the window every now and again to see the beautiful mountains that surround Red Lodge feeling so happy to be here and so grateful to have grown up here. It's great to be home.

Happy spring!

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks for the update! I couldn't wait to see birthday pictures and hear about it all. Wow, Sol, I am so proud of you. I'm am so glad you are a good reader, that's fantastic!! JJ, your hair is cute, it looks a lot shorter -I love the picture of you guys on a date. Where did you go? Balloons galore for Poppy's birthday -she's so happy! Nice cake, too, by the way. Did you make it? Charlotte really liked the cupcakes with jelly beans, too bad we weren't there to share them with you. Well, thanks again for the new post. I'm downloading pics tonight to share. Have a nice, relaxing time in Montana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! Looks like the kids had great birthdays!! Have a super fun time in MT and hugs to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Sol & Poppy. Theo looked at these photos and asked if Sol & Poppy were his relatives. ;)
    Love the pics.
    Will you guys be back in RL anytime this summer? We're pretty sure we're going to make that trip but want to be sure and cross paths if it's possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to be a part of these great celebrations!! The parties, the balloons, the fun birthday times!! What WONDERFUL grandkids. Bedtime reading - Sol is amazing!! Poppy says the funniest things!! Great movies and super memories!! I'm a lucky Nana!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures! Such an efficient way to do birthdays. You're so clever. Enjoy Montana.
    foo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sol is such a reader! Many of my cients don't read that well and they are all "adults." Good on you all!
    foo

    ReplyDelete